UOVO Celebrates 3 Years of Reimagining Art Storage and Services
UOVO, New York’s number one provider of art storage and services, celebrates the third anniversary of their flagship New York City location this month. UOVO opened the eight-story, 280,000-square-foot facility in December 2014. Conveniently located in Long Island City, UOVO: NYC was designed to meet or exceed the standards set by the world’s leading museums. It is the first facility in New York built from the ground up for the sole purpose of caring for artworks, design objects and archival collections.
Today, UOVO has more than 500,000 square feet of storage available across three New York facilities. Over 1,000 clients have used UOVO’s storage and services, including leading museums, galleries, fashion houses and foundations, as well as individuals such as premier international collectors, artists and art advisors. More than 160,000 objects have passed through UOVO’s completely digital inventory system, and the flagship facility has received over 5,500 visitors.
“UOVO’s remarkable growth over the last three years indicates we are meeting the needs of clients at all levels,” said UOVO’s Founder and Chairman Steven Guttman. Guttman is also the Founder of Storage Deluxe Management Company and an avid art collector, who created UOVO when he identified a need in the market while transporting his own collection. “We have built relationships with some of the most recognizable individuals and institutions in the arts, culture, and fashion sectors. At the same time, we offer flexible, cost-effective options for emerging collectors and smaller organizations. Our personalized approach makes unique solutions possible.”
UOVO’s fully climate-controlled flagship features a cutting-edge security system, four enclosed loading docks, five covered loading docks, the ability to accommodate 53’ tractor-trailers, two freight elevators capable of handling 18,000 lbs, 19’ ceilings and six private viewing rooms—including the largest viewing room in New York. In conjunction with UOVO: NYC, the company also opened UOVO: 33 KINGS HWY in December 2014. Designed with long-term collection care in mind, the 100,000-square-foot facility 18 miles north of Manhattan in Rockland County features ceilings up to 30’ high. Alongside the state-of-the-art construction, UOVO integrated a full suite of fine art services—transportation, shipping, packing, installation, and registrarial support—setting a new standard in collections management.
“UOVO will keep innovating and expanding, building on our reputation for peerless customer service,” said UOVO CEO Steve Novenstein. “In three years we have become New York’s leading provider of fine art storage and services by assembling the best team in the industry. Our founders bring decades of experience in real estate and storage solutions, while our executives, art handlers, drivers, and account managers draw on their backgrounds at galleries, museums and auction houses to ensure best practices and total discretion are employed at every stage. UOVO clients know they can count on a seamless experience facilitated by top-notch professionals.”
Developments since the opening of UOVO: NYC and UOVO: 33 KINGS HWY include:
- The January 2017 opening of UOVO’s second Rockland County facility, the 140,000 square foot UOVO: 100 BRADLEY PKWY
- An expanded trucking fleet with nine air-ride, climate controlled trucks and a 48’ tractor-trailer for cross-country shipments
- All three UOVO facilities are certified to screen cargo under TSA’s Certified Cargo Screening Standard Security Program
- Free weekly shuttle between the Rockland County locations and UOVO: NYC, as well as a twice-weekly shuttle between Rockland County and Chelsea gallery locations
- Expanded service offerings including light rigging for monumental sculptures
- Partnerships with key New York art fairs, including The Armory Show and Frieze NY, as well as service to art fairs across the US
- Named a lead underwriter of the Aspen Institute’s Artist-Endowed Foundation Initiative
- Integration with external digital collections management platforms, like ArtBinder
- A dedicated Client Café at UOVO: NYC for clients utilizing the viewing rooms and project spaces, as well as working at UOVO: NYC from their private storage units
- UOVO: NYC is now open on Saturdays to accommodate client demand
UOVO is reimagining art storage and services. Through a holistic approach to collections management, UOVO has developed a new paradigm for the stewardship of the art, design, fashion, and archival collections that comprise our cultural legacy. From climate-controlled storage and private viewing rooms, to transportation, packing, crating, and installation services, UOVO provides an array of storage options and innovative service and management solutions tailored to meet the specialized needs of any collection. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to ensuring that works are safeguarded with the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care. For more information, please visit www.uovo.art.