Art Handler Specializing in Inventory Control
UOVO seeks a full-time Art Handler to support and facilitate all incoming and outgoing property movements at our Long Island City Facility. The ideal candidate will have a keen attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and have experience working in storage/collection management industry. He or she will be comfortable managing a wide variety or incoming and outgoing property and will report to the Warehouse Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reconcile and barcode incoming and outgoing property
- Facilitate loading dock activity, ensuring safe and proper intake of property
- Maintain storage rooms according to customer wishes, space and safety
- Pack artworks for transportation and storage
- Accurately inventory and track artworks in database
- Assist individual client requests regarding handling, packing and/or inventory management
- Work closely with the Inventory Control team on various projects and spot checks
- Frequent heavy lifting required with warehouse movement
- Assist with art handling evolutions, condition reporting, packing and onsite installations
- Adhere to all company policies and maintain high ethical standards
- Some overtime and weekend work may apply at times
Qualifications & Skills:
- Team Player, able to work in a dynamic environment
- 3-5 years of logistical and art handling experience or registrar support
- Experience interacting with art professionals
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
Competitive hourly wage with health benefits, 401(k), commuter benefits & profit-share eligibility
UOVO is New York’s #1 provider of art, fashion and collections storage and services. From climate-controlled storage and private viewing rooms, to transportation, packing, crating, and installation services, UOVO provides an array of storage options and innovative service and management solutions tailored to meet the specialized needs of any collection. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to ensuring that works are safeguarded with the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care. For more information, please visit uovo.art.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and reference Handler/ Inventory Specialist in the subject line.