Art Handler – Brooklyn, NY
UOVO, New York’s premier provider of art, fashion, and collections storage and services, provides an array of innovative solutions tailored to meet the specialized needs of any collection including climate-controlled storage, private viewing rooms, packing, installation, and logistics services. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to ensuring that works are safeguarded with the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care.
Art Handler – Brooklyn, NY
Art storage & service company seeks a full-time art handler to support day-to-day activities primarily within their Brooklyn, NY warehouse. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience working in warehousing, art handling and/or collections management. They will be comfortable packing, installing and moving a wide range of art objects. The art handler will report to UOVO’s Associate Director of Operations. Some weekend and evening work may apply.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain storage rooms according to customer wishes, ensuring adequate use of space and safety of items
- Maintain all concierge storage locations within the warehouse ensuring efficient and safe storage of all property
- Pack artworks for transportation and storage
- Install/de-install artworks for private viewings
- Assist individual client requests regarding handling, packing and/or inventory management
- Receive and release shipments, maintaining accurate inventory and condition reporting when applicable
- Scan property to ensure accurate inventory locations are always maintained
- Proper handling, of art objects, fragile and artistic material, antique and high end furniture
- Preparation of condition checks and condition reports
- Breaking down crates, trash and other materials as needed
- Provide support to other UOVO Facilities if required
- Some overtime and weekend work may be required
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by Manager
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to push and pull 150 pounds on a dolly or cart, as well as 50 pounds without mechanical aid
- Ability to carry 40 pounds of varying size and shape up to a distance of 90 feet;
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, and reach overhead;
- Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and snow; and
- Ability to safely operate a
- Familiarity with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, jbars, dollies and other necessary warehouse equipment
Wages commensurate with experience, plus health benefits, 401(k) matching contribution, company profit share eligibility, and other benefits included.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Art Handler- Brooklyn” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UOVO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The UOVO Name
“UOVO” (pronounced “woh-vo”) means “egg” in Italian and reflects our core mission to safeguard and protect fragile objects. Our name is as unique and different in our industry as our facilities and quality of service. To learn more about UOVO, please visit our website at: www.UOVO.artApply Now