Art Handler/Driver, Long Island City
UOVO, the premier storage and services provider for art, fashion, and cultural artifacts, seeks a full-time Art Handler/Driver to join its dynamic and growing team.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience working in warehousing, art handling, and/or collections management. They will be comfortable packing, installing, and moving a wide range of art objects. The art handler will report to UOVO’s Warehouse Supervisor. Some weekend and evening work may apply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain storage rooms according to customer wishes, ensuring adequate use of space and safety of items
- Maintain all concierge storage locations within the warehouse ensuring efficient and safe storage of all property
- Pack artworks for transportation and storage
- Install/de-install artworks for private viewings
- Preparation and careful execution of paperwork, including bills of lading, labels, driver logs, and detailed condition reports with accompanying photos if necessary
- Assist individual client requests regarding handling, packing and/or inventory management
- Receive and release shipments, maintaining accurate inventory and condition reporting when applicable
- Scan property to ensure accurate inventory locations are always maintained
- Proper handling, of art objects, fragile and artistic material, antique and high-end furniture
- Preparation of condition checks and condition reports
- Breaking down crates, trash, and other materials as needed
- Some overtime and weekend work may be required
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by Manager
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, dynamic environment
- Experience handling 2D and 3D artworks
- Excellent customer service as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance being a team player and taking initiative when necessary
- Ability to push and pull 150 pounds on a dolly or cart, as well as 50 pounds without mechanical aid
- Ability to carry 40 pounds of varying size and shape up to a distance of 90 feet
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, and reach overhead
- Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, and snow
- Ability to safely operate a forklift preferred
- Familiarity with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, jbars, dollies, scissor lifts, genie lifts, and other necessary warehouse equipment
- Interest or experience in learning inventory management systems
Compensation & Benefits
Art Handler is an hourly position eligible for overtime. UOVO provides excellent health benefits, 401K matching contribution, generous paid time off, other benefits, and promotes a healthy work/life balance.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Art Handler/Driver, Long Island City” in the subject line.
UOVO is the nation’s leading storage and logistics provider for art, archives, and collectibles with state-of-the-art facilities in New York, Delaware, Florida, California, Colorado, and Texas. UOVO is operated by an expert team of industry professionals and offers bespoke solutions to meet the specialized needs of any collection. UOVO’s services include climate-controlled storage, private viewing galleries, local transportation, international shipping, installation, packing, archival photography, digital inventory management, and more.
UOVO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all UOVO facilities follow strict protocols to ensure the health and safety of our community.Apply Now