Art Handler/Driver – Long Island City
UOVO, New York’s premier provider of art, fashion, and collections storage and services, provides an array of innovative solutions tailored to meet the specialized needs of any collection including climate-controlled storage, private viewing rooms, packing, installation, and logistics services. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to ensuring that works are safeguarded with the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care.
Art Handler/Driver – Long Island City
Art Services and storage provider UOVO seeks a full-time Art Handler/Driver to support day-to- day transportation and offsite activities out of their Long Island City warehouse. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience working in New York City, with storage/collection management knowledge, and will be comfortable moving a wide range of art objects. The driver will report to the Fleet Manager.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proper handling of art objects, using the appropriate methods and materials for packaging, loading & securing for safe transport
- Install/de-install artworks in-house or at offsite locations, often troubleshooting and utilizing critical thinking to solution scope changes
- Preparation and careful execution of paperwork, including bills of lading, labels, driver logs, and detailed condition reports with accompanying photos if necessary
- Receive and release shipments into warehouse facilities
- Pack artworks for local, national and international transportation and storage
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, and national DOT regulations
- Support to internal teams, as needed
- Weekend, overtime, and holiday work may be necessary; in addition, this position will include some over the road driving. Schedule flexibility is required
- Other projects as assigned by Manager
- Team Player, able to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of installation, packing and art handling
- Excellent communication and attention to detail to both clients and coworkers
- Ability to problem solve and solution onsite issues with the experience to know when to escalate problems to supervisor
- Valid driver’s license; Class A CDL a bonus
- Ability to push and pull 150 pounds on a dolly or cart, as well as 50 pounds without mechanical aid
- Ability to carry 40 pounds of varying size and shape up to a distance of 90 feet
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, and reach overhead
- Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and snow
- Familiarity with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, jbars, dollies and other necessary warehouse equipment
Wages commensurate with experience, plus health benefits, 401(k) matching contribution, company profit share eligibility, and other benefits included.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Art Handler/Driver, Long Island City” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UOVO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The UOVO Name
“UOVO” (pronounced “woh-vo”) means “egg” in Italian and reflects our core mission to safeguard and protect fragile objects. Our name is as unique and different in our industry as our facilities and quality of service. To learn more about UOVO, please visit our website at: www.UOVO.artApply Now