Art Handler/Driver, UOVO: NYC
UOVO seeks a full-time driver with art handling experience to support day-to-day activities at our Long Island City facility.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience working and driving in New York City and will be comfortable packing and moving a wide range of art objects, as well as installing fine art. The driver will report to the Fleet Manager and will be responsible for the transportation of artwork between storage facilities and client locations on a daily basis.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proper handling, of art objects, fragile and artistic material, antique and high-end furniture using the appropriate methods for packaging, loading & securing for safe transport.
- Preparation of paperwork, including bills of lading, labeling, driver logs, and detailed condition reports with accompanying photos if necessary
- Receive and release shipments into warehouse facilities
- Load/unload truck for safe transportation and storage
- Pack artworks for local, national and international transportation and storage
- Install/de-install artworks in-house or at offsite locations
- Some overtime and weekend work may apply
Qualifications & Skills:
- Team Player, able to work in a dynamic environment
- 3-5 years of logistics installation, packing and art handling experience
- Firm grasp of all tools, hardware and equipment used in the above
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and solution onsite issues and the experience to know when to escalate problems to supervisor
- Experience installing large artworks (both 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional) using a gantry, material lifts, and/or scaffolding if required
- Positive, proactive, team player that is comfortable interacting with clients and has strong sense of job site decorum
Competitive hourly wage with health benefits, 401(k), commuter benefits & profit-share eligibility
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com citing Art Handler/Driver in the subject line.