Art Handler – Inventory Control Team
UOVO, New York’s premier provider of art, fashion, and collections storage and services, provides an array of innovative solutions tailored to meet the specialized needs of any collection including climate-controlled storage, private viewing rooms, packing, installation, and logistics services. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to ensuring that works are safeguarded with the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care.
Art Handler – Inventory Control Team
Art Services and storage provider UOVO seeks a full-time art handler to support day-to-day activities within their Long Island City warehouse. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience working in New York City, storage/collection management knowledge, and will be comfortable moving a wide range of art objects. The art handler will report to the Inventory Control Coordinator.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive and release shipments, while maintaining accurate inventory records digitally and physically
- Maintain storage rooms according to customer specifics, efficiency and safety
- Pack high value artworks for transportation and storage
- Assist individual client requests regarding handling, viewing, packing and/or inventory management
- Work closely with the Inventory Control team on various projects and quality control
- Frequent heavy lifting required with warehouse movement
- Perform condition reports when necessary
- Assist with offsite installation and de-installations as necessary
- Weekend, overtime, and holiday work may be necessary; therefore, schedule flexibility is required
- Other projects as assigned by Manager
- Ability to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented, dynamic environment
- Experience handling 2D and 3D artworks
- Excellent customer service as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance being a team player and taking initiative when necessary
- Ability to push and pull 150 pounds on a dolly or cart, as well as 50 pounds without mechanical aid
- Ability to carry 40 pounds of varying size and shape up to a distance of 90 feet
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, and reach overhead
- Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and snow
- Ability to safely operate a forklift preferred
- Familiarity with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, jbars, dollies, scissor lifts, genie lifts and other necessary warehouse equipment
- Interest or experience in learning inventory management systems
Wages commensurate with experience, plus health benefits, 401(k) matching contribution, company profit share eligibility, and other benefits included.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Art Handler – Inventory Control Team” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UOVO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The UOVO Name
“UOVO” (pronounced “woh-vo”) means “egg” in Italian and reflects our core mission to safeguard and protect fragile objects. Our name is as unique and different in our industry as our facilities and quality of service. To learn more about UOVO, please visit our website at: www.UOVO.artApply Now