Art Handler – Inventory Control Team, Long Island City
UOVO, the premier storage and services provider for art, fashion, and cultural artifacts, seeks a full-time Art Handler – Inventory Control Team to join its dynamic and growing team. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience working in New York City and/or storage and collection management experience and will be comfortable moving a wide range of art objects. The Art Handler – Inventory Control Team will report to the Inventory Control Coordinator.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive and release shipments, while maintaining accurate inventory records digitally and physically
- Maintain storage rooms according to customer specifics, efficiency and safety
- Pack high value artworks for transportation and storage
- Assist individual client requests regarding handling, viewing, packing and/or inventory management
- Work closely with the Inventory Control team on various projects and quality control
- Frequent heavy lifting required with warehouse movement
- Perform condition reports when necessary
- Assist with offsite installation and de-installations as necessary
- Weekend, overtime, and holiday work may be necessary; therefore, schedule flexibility is required
- Other projects as assigned by Manager
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented, dynamic environment
- Experience handling 2D and 3D artworks
- Excellent customer service as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance being a team player and taking initiative when necessary
- Ability to push and pull 150 pounds on a dolly or cart, as well as 50 pounds without mechanical aid
- Ability to carry 40 pounds of varying size and shape up to a distance of 90 feet
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, and reach overhead
- Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and snow
- Ability to safely operate a forklift preferred
- Familiarity with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, jbars, dollies, scissor lifts, genie lifts and other necessary warehouse equipment
- Interest or experience in learning inventory management systems
Compensation & Benefits
Art Handler – Inventory Control Team is an hourly position eligible for overtime. UOVO provides excellent health benefits, 401K matching contribution, generous paid time off, other benefits, and promotes a healthy work/life balance.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Art Handler – Inventory Control Team, Long Island City” in the subject line.
UOVO is the premier provider of storage and services for art, fashion, and cultural artifacts. With more than 750,000 square feet of dedicated storage space across 7 locations in New York, Delaware, and Florida, UOVO offers bespoke options to meet the specialized needs of any collection. Our full range of services include climate-controlled storage, private viewing galleries, transportation, installation, packing, in-house photography, and digital inventory management. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care.
Learn more: www.uovo.art
UOVO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment for our employees and the communities in which we operate. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all UOVO facilities follow strict protocols to ensure the health and safety of our community.Apply Now