Art Handler – Inventory Control Team
UOVO seeks a full-time art handler to support day-to-day activities within their Long Island City warehouse. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience working in New York City, storage/collection management experience, and will be comfortable packing and moving a wide range of art objects. The art handler will report to the Warehouse Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive and release shipments, maintaining accurate inventory and condition reporting when applicable
- Maintain storage rooms according to customer wishes, space and safety
- Pack artworks for transportation and storage
- Accurately inventory and track artworks in database
- Assist individual client requests regarding handling, packing and/or inventory management
- Work closely with the Inventory Control team on various projects and spot checks
- Occasional heavy lifting required with warehouse movement
- Assist with offsite installation and de-installations as necessary
- Weekend and holiday work as necessary
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to push and pull 150 pounds on a dolly or cart, as well as 50 pounds without mechanical aid
- Ability to carry 40 pounds of varying size and shape up to a distance of 90 feet;
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, and reach overhead;
- Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and snow; and
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Familiarity with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, jbars, dollies and other necessary warehouse equipment
Competitive hourly wage with health benefits, 401(k) and commuter benefits
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and reference ‘Art Handler – Inventory Control Team’ in the subject line.
No phone callsApply Now