Art Handler, Long Island City, NY
UOVO, the premier storage and services provider for art, fashion, and cultural artifacts, seeks a full-time Art to join its dynamic and growing team.
Art storage & service company seeks a full-time art handler to support day-to-day activities primarily within their Long Island City, NY warehouse. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience working in warehousing, art handling and/or collections management. They will be comfortable packing, installing and moving a wide range of art objects. The art handler will report to UOVO’s Warehouse Supervisor. Some weekend and evening work may apply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain storage rooms according to customer wishes, ensuring adequate use of space and safety of items
- Maintain all concierge storage locations within the warehouse ensuring efficient and safe storage of all property
- Pack artworks for transportation and storage
- Install/de-install artworks for private viewings
- Assist individual client requests regarding handling, packing and/or inventory management
- Receive and release shipments, maintaining accurate inventory and condition reporting when applicable
- Scan property to ensure accurate inventory locations are always maintained
- Proper handling, of art objects, fragile and artistic material, antique and high end furniture
- Preparation of condition checks and condition reports
- Breaking down crates, trash and other materials as needed
- Provide support to other UOVO Facilities if required
- Some overtime and weekend work may
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by Manager
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented, dynamic environment
- Experience handling 2D and 3D artworks
- Excellent customer service as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance being a team player and taking initiative when necessary
- Ability to push and pull 150 pounds on a dolly or cart, as well as 50 pounds without mechanical aid
- Ability to carry 40 pounds of varying size and shape up to a distance of 90 feet
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, and reach overhead
- Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and snow
- Ability to safely operate a forklift preferred
- Familiarity with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, jbars, dollies, scissor lifts, genie lifts and other necessary warehouse equipment
- Interest or experience in learning inventory management systems
Compensation & Benefits
Art Handler is an hourly position eligible for overtime. UOVO provides excellent health benefits, 401K matching contribution, generous paid time off, other benefits, and promotes a healthy work/life balance.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Art Handler – Long Island City” in the subject line.
UOVO is the premier provider of storage and services for art, fashion, and cultural artifacts. With more than 750,000 square feet of dedicated storage space across 7 locations in New York, Delaware, and Florida, UOVO offers bespoke options to meet the specialized needs of any collection. Our full range of services include climate-controlled storage, private viewing galleries, transportation, installation, packing, in-house photography, and digital inventory management. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care.
Learn more: www.uovo.art
UOVO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment for our employees and the communities in which we operate. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all UOVO facilities follow strict protocols to ensure the health and safety of our community.Apply Now