Art Handler, Miami
UOVO, the premier storage and services provider for art, fashion, and cultural artifacts, seeks a full-time Art Handler to join its dynamic and growing team. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience working in the art world, storage/collection management knowledge, and will be comfortable moving a wide range of art objects. The Art Handler will report to the Operations Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain storage rooms according to customer specifics, ensuring adequate use of space and safety of items
- Maintain all concierge storage locations within the warehouse ensuring efficient and safe storage of all property
- Proper handling and packing of art objects, fragile and artistic material, and antique, high-end furniture using the appropriate methods and materials
- Assist individual client requests regarding handling, viewing, packing and/or inventory management
- Work closely with the Inventory Control team on various projects and quality control
- Scan property to ensure accurate inventory locations are always maintained
- Preparation of condition checks and condition reports as needed
- Breaking down crates, trash and other materials as needed
- Some overtime and weekend work may apply at times
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by Manager
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented, dynamic environment
- Experience handling 2D and 3D artworks
- Excellent customer service as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance being a team player and taking initiative when necessary
- Ability to push and pull 150 pounds on a dolly or cart, as well as 50 pounds without mechanical aid
- Ability to carry 40 pounds of varying size and shape up to a distance of 90 feet
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, and reach overhead
- Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and snow
- Ability to safely operate a forklift preferred
- Familiarity with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, jbars, dollies, scissor lifts, genie lifts and other necessary warehouse equipment
- Interest or experience in learning inventory management systems
Compensation & Benefits
Art Handler is an hourly position eligible for overtime. UOVO provides excellent health benefits, 401K matching contribution, generous paid time off, other benefits, and promotes a healthy work/life balance.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Art Handler, Miami” in the subject line.
UOVO is the premier provider of storage and services for art, fashion, and cultural artifacts. With more than 750,000 square feet of dedicated storage space across 7 locations in New York, Delaware, and Florida, UOVO offers bespoke options to meet the specialized needs of any collection. Our full range of services include climate-controlled storage, private viewing galleries, transportation, installation, packing, in-house photography, and digital inventory management. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care.
Learn more: www.uovo.art
UOVO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment for our employees and the communities in which we operate. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all UOVO facilities follow strict protocols to ensure the health and safety of our community.Apply Now