Art Handler – Rockland County, NY
UOVO, the premier storage, and services provider for art, fashion, and cultural artifacts, seeks a full-time Art Handler/Driver to join its dynamic and growing team.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience working in warehousing, art handling, and/or collections management. They will be comfortable packing, installing, and moving a wide range of art objects. The art handler will report to UOVO’s Warehouse Supervisor. Some weekend and evening work may apply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain storage rooms according to customer wishes, ensuring adequate use of space and safety of items
- Maintain all concierge storage locations within the warehouse ensuring efficient and safe storage of all property
- Pack artworks for transportation and storage
- Install/de-install artworks for private viewings
- Preparation and careful execution of paperwork, including bills of lading, labels, driver logs, and detailed condition reports with accompanying photos if necessary
- Assist individual client requests regarding handling, packing and/or inventory management
- Receive and release shipments, maintaining accurate inventory and condition reporting when applicable
- Scan property to ensure accurate inventory locations are always maintained
- Proper handling, of art objects, fragile and artistic material, antique and high-end furniture
- Preparation of condition checks and condition reports
- Breaking down crates, trash, and other materials as needed
- Some overtime and weekend work may
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by Manager
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, dynamic environment
- Experience handling 2D and 3D artworks
- Excellent customer service as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance being a team player and taking initiative when necessary
- Ability to push and pull 150 pounds on a dolly or cart, as well as 50 pounds without mechanical aid
- Ability to carry 40 pounds of varying size and shape up to a distance of 90 feet
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, and reach overhead
- Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, and snow
- Ability to safely operate a forklift preferred
- Familiarity with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, jbars, dollies, scissor lifts, genie lifts, and other necessary warehouse equipment
- Interest or experience in learning inventory management systems
Compensation & Benefits
Art Handler is an hourly position eligible for overtime. UOVO provides excellent health benefits, 401K matching contribution, generous paid time off, other benefits, and promotes a healthy work/life balance.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Art Handler/Driver – Newark, Delaware” in the subject line.
UOVO is the premier provider of storage and services for art, fashion, and cultural artifacts. With more than 750,000 square feet of dedicated storage space across 7 locations in New York, Delaware, and Florida, UOVO offers bespoke options to meet the specialized needs of any collection. Our full range of services include climate-controlled storage, private viewing galleries, transportation, installation, packing, in-house photography, and digital inventory management. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care.
Learn more: www.uovo.art
UOVO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment for our employees and the communities in which we operate. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all UOVO facilities follow strict protocols to ensure the health and safety of our community.Apply Now