Art Handler with Driving Experience
UOVO seeks a full-time art handler to support day-to-day activities at our Rockland County, New York facilities. Located 18 miles from Manhattan, the facilities consist of over 180,000 square feet of storage and are logistical hubs for fine art deliveries. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience working in storage/collection management experience, and will be comfortable packing, installing and moving a wide range of art objects. The candidate must be comfortable driving/loading UOVO box trucks when necessary and maintain a NY Driver File. The art handler will report to UOVO’s Warehouse Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive and release shipments, maintaining accurate inventory and condition reporting when applicable
- Pack artworks for transportation and storage
- Install/de-install artworks for private viewings
- Assist individual client requests regarding handling, packing and/or inventory management
- Conduct daily facility inspections
- Assist with offsite installation and de-installations as necessary
- Load/unload trucks for safe transportation and storage
- Proper handling, of art objects, fragile and artistic material, antique and high-end furniture using the appropriate methods for packaging, loading & securing for safe transport.
- Preparation of paperwork, including bills of lading, labeling, driver logs, and detailed condition reports with accompanying photos if necessary
- Some overtime and weekend work may apply at times.
Competitive hourly wage with full health benefits, 401(k) and profit share eligibility.Apply Now