Art Handler/Driver 2018
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience working in New York City, storage/collection management and will be comfortable packing and moving a wide range of art objects. The art handler will report to the Technical Services Coordinator and will be responsible for all transportation of artwork between storage facilities and client locations on a daily basis.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Proper handling, of art objects, fragile and artistic material, antique and high end furniture using the appropriate methods for packaging, loading & securing for safe transport.
• Preparation of paperwork, including bills of lading, labeling, driver logs, and detailed condition reports with accompanying photos if necessary
• Receive and release shipments into warehouse facilities
• Load/ unload truck for safe transportation and storage
• Pack artworks for transportation and storage
• Install / de-install artworks for private viewings or offsite installations
Competitive hourly wage with health benefits.Apply Now