Director of Business Development
UOVO is New York’s premier provider of art, fashion, and collections storage and services. With over 650,000 square feet of customized storage across four New York locations, UOVO provides an array of innovative solutions tailored to meet the specialized needs of any collection including climate-controlled storage, private viewing rooms, packing, installation, and logistics services. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to ensuring that works are safeguarded with the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care.
Director of Business Development
UOVO seeks an experienced business development professional with a meaningful track record of successfully identifying, pursuing, and executing attractive leasing opportunities, developing and leading key sales initiatives, and collaborating with executive staff regarding the strategic direction of the company.
The Director of Business Development will help drive an integrated leasing strategy that contributes to the advancement of UOVO’s business operations. The incumbent will report to the Vice President of Business Development, regularly collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer, and be responsible for generating new business opportunities from a broad group of artists, advisors, gallerists, registrars, and other art sector professionals to increase UOVO’s market share through new internal and external sales.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lease specialized storage space for fine art, fashion, and other collectibles to clients through lead prospecting, referrals, networking, meetings, and tours.
- Create, lead, and implement new sales and services opportunities and project-based outreach initiatives.
- Develop leasing proposals, property presentations, and other collateral for prospective clients.
- Expand and refine a database of qualified leads; consistently track and report leasing progress and updates.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with clients, intermediaries, and key industry partners.
- Act as a brand ambassador (in-person and virtually), and represent UOVO at art and cultural events, as well as other client-facing occasions.
- Collaborate with business development and marketing team members to devise and execute strategic initiatives.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes of conduct.
- Any other projects or tasks assigned by manager.
Qualifications & Skills
- Entrepreneurial, high-energy individual with strong general business acumen and broad knowledge and experience with successful sales and marketing practices.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented, with excellent organizational and coaching abilities.
- Superb communication (written, verbal, and interpersonal) and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead meetings, drive conversations, and offer creative solutions.
- Gifted at networking, establishing personal connections, and targeted lead prospecting.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Experience in the arts sector – including museums, galleries, auction houses, art fairs – valued but not required.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Director of Business Development” in the subject line.
The UOVO Name
“UOVO” (pronounced “woh-vo”) means “egg” in Italian and reflects our core mission to safeguard and protect fragile objects. Our name is as unique and different in our industry as our facilities and quality of service. To learn more about UOVO, please visit our website at: www.UOVO.art