Director of Marketing
UOVO is New York’s premier provider of art, fashion, and collections storage and services. With over 650,000 square feet of customized storage across four New York locations, UOVO provides an array of innovative solutions tailored to meet the specialized needs of any collection including climate-controlled storage, private viewing rooms, packing, installation, and logistics services. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to ensuring that works are safeguarded with the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care.
Director of Marketing
UOVO seeks a highly collaborative, ambitious, and creative Director of Marketing to develop and implement internal and external communications strategies that promote the company’s mission and advance its public engagement. The incumbent will be an integral member of the business development team and help to fulfill the company’s vision to transform its industry.
The Director of Marketing will spearhead an innovative communications strategy that meaningfully contributes to the advancement of UOVO’s business operations. The incumbent will report to the Vice President of Business Development and will be responsible for maintaining existing partner relationships while cultivating new partnerships that strategically enhance UOVO’s position in the art world.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, administer, and implement the company’s annual marketing strategy and budget.
- Collaborate with third-party vendors and agencies on various marketing initiatives.
- Expand existing relationships with partners and press outlets; identify, negotiate, and administer new partnership, sponsorship, and PR opportunities.
- Organize and coordinate UOVO-hosted events to increase brand awareness.
- Develop and implement both internal and external communication strategies.
- Conceptualize, produce, and manage all company collateral, and maintain advertising calendar.
- Manage website and social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Manage the Client Experience team, including supervising team members and workflow, effectuating the goal of providing exceptional client service, and delegating marketing-related assignments when appropriate.
- Establish and achieve marketing goals, metrics, and milestones. Regularly track and report on progress and success.
- Identify mechanisms to attract new client prospects through multiple communications and marketing methods (including project-based outreach initiatives), with a focus on delivering tailored solutions to suit the unique needs of each client.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with clients, intermediaries, and key industry partners.
- Act as a brand ambassador (in-person and virtually), and represent UOVO at art and cultural events, as well as other client-facing occasions.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes of conduct.
- Any other projects or tasks assigned by the manager.
Qualifications & Skills
- 5 or more years of marketing, communications, and business development experience in arts and culture or other relevant fields.
- Entrepreneurial, high-energy individual with strong general business acumen and broad knowledge and experience with successful marketing practices.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented, with excellent organizational and coaching abilities.
- Superb communication (written, verbal, and interpersonal), negotiation, and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to detail, flexibility, and multitasking capabilities are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to lead meetings, drive conversations, and offer creative solutions.
- Gifted at networking, establishing personal connections, and targeted marketing tactics.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Experience in press relations is preferred, but not required. A deep understanding of the arts and culture sector – including museums, galleries, auction houses, art fairs, and fashion – valued.
Salary commensurate with experience, plus health benefits, 401(k) matching contribution, company profit share eligibility, and other benefits included.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Director of Marketing” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UOVO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The UOVO Name
“UOVO” (pronounced “woh-vo”) means “egg” in Italian and reflects our core mission to safeguard and protect fragile objects. Our name is as unique and different in our industry as our facilities and quality of service. To learn more about UOVO, please visit our website at: www.UOVO.artApply Now