Human Resources Manager, West Coast
UOVO, the premier storage and services provider for art, fashion, and cultural artifacts, seeks an engaging and collaborative Human Resources Manager to join its dynamic and growing team. Based in San Francisco and reporting to the Director of People, this role will focus on labor compliance, talent acquisition and positive employee relations for our teams in the West Coast, the role will also provide support to the rest of the country as needed.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in Human Resources in the state of California and knowledge of Federal employment regulations as they will oversee employees in other states.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants. Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommends best practices; reviews policies and updates the Employee Handbook.
- Designs and executes an employee engagement strategy to ensure a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment, with a vision of UOVO being a local employer of choice.
- Nurtures a positive workplace by taking a proactive approach to employee relations, building strong relationships with all employees.
- Provides coaching and training for managers on people policies and best practices.
- Oversees and manages the performance management process for employers in their territory.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Maintains complete and accurate electronic employee files.
- Coordinate and conducts the new employee onboarding process including the new employee’s profile in the HR system, drug test and background check.
- Coordinates and conducts the employee offboarding processes, including system deactivation and electronic access removal.
- Ensure that I-9 Forms are completed timely and information is entered in the HR system.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Five years of experience in Human Resources in the State of California.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Technologically savvy.
- HR Certification preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. UOVO provides excellent health benefits, 401K matching contribution, generous paid time off, other benefits, and promotes a healthy work/life balance.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Human Resources Manager, West Coast” in the subject line.
UOVO is the premier provider of storage and services for art, fashion, and cultural artifacts. With more than 750,000 square feet of dedicated storage space across 7 locations in New York, Delaware, and Florida, UOVO offers bespoke options to meet the specialized needs of any collection. Our full range of services include climate-controlled storage, private viewing galleries, transportation, installation, packing, in-house photography, and digital inventory management. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care.
Learn more: www.uovo.art
UOVO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment for our employees and the communities in which we operate. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all UOVO facilities follow strict protocols to ensure the health and safety of our community.Apply Now