Inventory Control Manager
UOVO, New York’s premier provider of art, fashion, and collections storage and services, provides an array of innovative solutions tailored to meet the specialized needs of any collection including climate-controlled storage, private viewing rooms, packing, installation, and logistics services. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to ensuring that works are safeguarded with the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care.
Inventory Control Manager
UOVO seeks a highly collaborative, problem-solving full-time Inventory Control Manager. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, experience working in New York City and/or have storage and collection management experience and will be enthusiastic about a meticulous, detail-oriented leadership role. The Inventory Control Manager will report to the Operations Manager. Some weekend work may apply.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the day to day operations of a high security warehouse which houses important fine art collections, with a focus on the movement of property within our Facilities to ensure highest levels of safety and accuracy as it applies to handling and corresponding paperwork
- Implement and always look to improve upon UOVO’s inventory control policies, ensuring that the highest inventory control standards are always maintained
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of highly skilled Inventory Control personnel. This includes but is not limited to approving paid time off, completing annual performance reviews, issuing corrective action if required, giving feedback, and developing staff
- Reinforce staff adherence to strict database nomenclature constraints and procedural practices
- Implement and maintain storage efficiency, property safety, and art handler safety
- Apply expertise and creative logistical problem solving in moving and storing artworks that are exceptionally large, heavy, unusually shaped, and/or extremely delicate
- Interact with and facilitate needs of important clients
- Lead the planning and logistical support of inventory projects and management, dock handling processes, pathway planning of oversized inventory and any other client specific projects
- Support TSA Certified Cargo Screening Program implementation, training, and adherence
- Liaise between the Accounts Management/Business Development teams and Inventory Control team, providing timely feedback when required
- Work in conjunction with the Facilities Department on building maintenance projects and operational services including racking plan efficiency and installation in Concierge Service areas.
- Adhere to all company policies and ethical standards, including confidentiality standards
- Focus on providing exceptional client service and satisfaction
- Assist and collaborate with other technical managers and projects as necessary
- Other projects as assigned by Manager
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Demonstrated knowledge of storage/collections management in a detailed inventory control database
- Ability to see the bigger picture as it relates to solutions for teams with varying resources and staff
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and be able to multi-task under pressure
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of employees and management
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for training principles, tools, and best practices
- Team Player, able to work in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable in a results-driven workplace
- 5-7 years of logistical and art handling experience
- 3-4 years of people management experience
- Experience interacting with art professionals
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills
- Salary commensurate with experience; health benefits included; 401(k), commuter benefits and profit-share eligibility
Wages commensurate with experience, plus health benefits, 401(k) matching contribution, company profit share eligibility, and other benefits included.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Inventory Control Manager” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UOVO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The UOVO Name
“UOVO” (pronounced “woh-vo”) means “egg” in Italian and reflects our core mission to safeguard and protect fragile objects. Our name is as unique and different in our industry as our facilities and quality of service. To learn more about UOVO, please visit our website at: www.UOVO.artApply Now