A successful and rapidly growing art storage & services company seeks a full-time Inventory Controller to support and supervise all incoming and outgoing property movements of our Long Island City Facility transport team. The ideal candidate will have a keen attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and have experience working in the New York City storage/collection management industry. He or she will be comfortable managing a wide variety or incoming and outgoing property types and all supporting documentation. The Transportation Inventory Controller will report directly to the Inventory Control Coordinator.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive, reconcile, and barcode all incoming and outgoing property (with a focus on property being handled by UOVO Shuttles)
- Enforce proper inventory control standards for all incoming shipments
- Ensure all Bills of Lading, barcodes and supplemental information is properly prepared for upcoming shuttle jobs and filed properly once completed
- Work with UOVO drivers and art handlers to ensure inventory details are properly captured and staging and storage areas are efficiently utilized and updated
- Assist in inventory audits and other inventory control projects
- Supervise safe and proper movement of property on loading dock, ensuring all supporting documentation of property is accurate and recorded
- Assist with art handling evolutions, condition reporting, packing and onsite installations
- Adhere to all company policies and maintain high ethical standards
- Some after-hours or weekend work may apply at times
Qualifications & Skills:
- Team Player, able to work in a dynamic environment
- 3-5 years of logistical and art handling experience or registrar support
- Experience interacting with art professionals
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
- Adaptability in a fast paced environment
Competitive salary based on experience with full health benefits, 401(k) and profit share eligibility
UOVO is New York’s #1 provider of art, fashion and collections storage and services. From climate-controlled storage and private viewing rooms, to transportation, packing, crating, and installation services, UOVO provides an array of storage options and innovative service and management solutions tailored to meet the specialized needs of any collection. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to ensuring that works are safeguarded with the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care. For more information, please visit uovo.art.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Inventory Controller in the title.
No phone calls