Operations Manager, Miami
Art Services and storage provider UOVO seeks a full-time Operations Manager to oversee the Miami technical staff in the safe storage and handling of important fine art, fashion and other unique collections. The position will be responsible for leading, managing and mentoring the Miami staff as well as coordinating special logistical projects with UOVO’s Account Management team and other senior managers.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Reporting to the General Manager in Florida, the Operations Manager in Miami is responsible for overseeing all day to day operations in Miami. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Oversee the efficient and safe handling of all storage in Miami including racking, forklift training, OSHA compliance, barcoding, scanning, and inventory management.
- Ensure all service work is scheduled and executed in an efficient and timely manner in conjunction with the Account Management team. This includes both the Warehouse, Crating, and Transportation teams as it applies.
- Make certain all paperwork such as Warehouse Receipts, BOLs, and other inventory audits are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support in preparing estimates and give technical feedback to the Account Management team as needed.
- Conduct site visits and provide on site supervision as needed for various service jobs.
- Lead the training program for the Miami Operations team in support of best handling practices, rigging, inventory control, NetSuite, and adherence to UOVO’s policies and procedures.
- Close out Work Orders in NetSuite
- Liaise and coordinate with the West Palm team in order to ensure labor, and other shared resources, are adequately accounted for.
- Oversee the ordering of supplies for Miami
- Make certain the warehouse is properly secured each day and functioning well.
- Process any pertinent accounts payable.
- Regularly collaborate and communicate with the NY Operations team to ensure alignment on policies and procedures as well as other key initiatives.
- In conjunction with other key stakeholders, establish goals and objectives in line with UOVO’s Performance Management program; providing quarterly feedback and completing annual performance reviews for all direct reports and their teams.
- Create a positive and engaging work environment by mentoring, coaching, and motivating direct team members and their teams if applicable.
- Team Player, able to work in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable in a results-driven workplace
- 5+ years of demonstrated effective people management experience
- 7+ years warehouse, project management and/or logistics experience (art logistics/warehousing is preferred )
- Experience interacting with art professionals
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills
- Proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft office suite and collection management databases
- Ability to push and pull 150 pounds on a dolly or cart, as well as 50 pounds without mechanical aid
- Ability to carry 40 pounds of varying size and shape up to a distance of 90 feet
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, and reach overhead
- Familiarity with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, jbars, dollies and other necessary warehouse equipment
Wages commensurate with experience, plus health benefits, 401(k) matching contribution, company profit share eligibility, and other benefits included.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UOVO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The UOVO Name
“UOVO” (pronounced “woh-vo”) means “egg” in Italian and reflects our core mission to safeguard and protect fragile objects. Our name is as unique and different in our industry as our facilities and quality of service. To learn more about UOVO, please visit our website at: www.UOVO.artApply Now