Operations Manager, Rockland County
UOVO, the leader in art storage & services, seeks a full-time Operations Manager to oversee the development and productivity at UOVO’s Rockland County, New York facilities. Located 18 miles from Manhattan, the dual facilities consists of over 240,000 square feet of storage and is a logistical hub for fine art transportation and warehouse inventory intake. This position will work directly with Executive Staff to establish UOVO as the top art services company in the country.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the Rockland team in the safe storage and handling of important fine art, fashion and other unique collections. The position will be responsible for leading, managing and mentoring the Rockland County Staff as well as coordinating special logistical projects both on and offsite with UOVO’s Account Management team and other senior managers. This includes but is not limited to ensuring policy and procedures are being adhered to and are consistent with UOVO’s flagship location and established best practices. The Operations Manager will report directly to the Director of Operations.
The ideal candidate must be a strong leader, with a proven track record of people and process management as well as logistical management experience. Must be comfortable multitasking in a fluid environment and be capable of problem solving, strong communication and follow-through.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee storage and service operations for both Rockland County facilities (33 Kings Highway & 100 Bradley Parkway) housing important fine art and fashion collections.
- This includes the safe and efficient handling and storage of property and the timely completion of all client related requests as it pertains to receive/releases, viewings etc.
- Ensure all inventory management standards are adhered to and met by Rockland warehouse and trucking staff
- Ensure all staff are maintaining the highest levels of communication, both with internal and external clients
- Working with peers across various UOVO facilities and departments to share resources and ideas as it applies to staff, materials, scheduling and software functionalities
- Train, mentor and motivate a team of technicians and support staff, focusing on efficiency, safety and skill development both technically and administratively
- Execute and oversee performance reviews and development plans for Rockland staff
- Manage complex logistical operations and maintain industry leading standards of quality in terms of art handling
- Directly responsible for setting and tracking departmental metrics and goals in line with wider company objectives
- Ability to manage a team and projects within the parameters of a defined budget
- Interact with important clients both onsite and at offsite locations
- Adhere to all company policies and ethical standards
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of management experience
- 7+ years warehouse, project management and/or logistics experience; art logistics/warehousing is preferred
- Team Player, able to work in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable in a results driven workplace
- Must have a vehicle and be comfortable moving between 33 Kings Highway & 100 Bradley
- Experience interacting with high-net worth art professionals
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to multi task in a high volume setting
Salary commensurate with experience; health benefits included; 401(k) and profit-share eligibility
UOVO is New York’s #1 provider of art, fashion and collections storage and services. From climate-controlled storage and private viewing rooms, to transportation, packing, crating, and installation services, UOVO provides an array of storage options and innovative service and management solutions tailored to meet the specialized needs of any collection. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to ensuring that works are safeguarded with the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org citing Rockland County Operations Manager in the subject line.