Payroll and Benefits Manager
UOVO seeks a highly collaborative and detail-oriented Payroll and Benefits Manager, with superb customer service skills. This position will oversee all activities related to the company payroll, benefits and human resources administration including developing, implementing and monitoring procedures to ensure that all wages, taxes, benefit deductions and employee information are accurate. The individual will be the company’s subject matter expert in all administrative people processes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process payroll for hourly and salaried employees; including reviewing and importing hours from the time and attendance system, entering tax and direct deposit information, administering regulatory requirements such as garnishments, tax levies, and support orders, and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
- Calculates commissions, bonuses, stipends and other additional compensation.
- Administer the time and attendance policy and paid leave policy for all employees.
- Evaluate and implement payroll best practices, including systems evaluation and upgrades.
- Produce scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll and human resources requirements.
- Set up new state taxes and other compliance items in the payroll system as the company expands to new territories.
- Main point of contact for payroll questions for all employees.
- Administer all employee benefit programs including enrollments and terminations.
- Ensure that all benefit deductions are accurately entered in payroll. Including medical, dental and vision plans, as well as Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Coordinates and conducts benefit onboarding sessions for new employees after 90 days of employment.
- With help of the Director of People, plans and administers the annual open enrollment period. This includes preparation, revision and distribution of materials, conducting meetings to communicate changes to employees, arranging for on-site representation by providers, and processing changes within deadlines.
- Creates and updates the Employee Annual Benefit Guide.
- Plans, conducts, and reports results of audits to ensure all benefit enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee.
- Administers the company’s 401K program, enrolling new employees and ensuring that information is accurate in the vendor’s system.
- Addresses benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolutions. Maintains contact with employees and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of the benefits package.
- Processes monthly billings from providers. Reviews billings for accuracy and approves for payment in a timely manner. Resolves discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
- Administer COBRA enrollments/changes, disability claims and workers compensation cases.
- Maintain complete and accurate electronic employee personnel files, records and other documentation for employees.
- Coordinate and conducts the new employee onboarding process including the new employee’s profile in the HR system, drug test and background check.
- Coordinate and conducts the employee offboarding processes, including system deactivation and electronic access removal.
- Respond to all unemployment claims and employment verification requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure that I-9 Forms are completed timely and information is entered in the HR system.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 5+ years of experience administering payroll, HR information systems and benefits processes required.
- Superb customer service skills, must be responsive, timely and detailed to answer employee requests.
- Work experience should include knowledge of general human resources practices with a strong focus in compliance.
- Strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance and HR information systems.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills.
- Positive and flexible attitude, keeping relationships top of mind.
Salary commensurate with experience, plus health benefits, 401(k) matching contribution, company profit share eligibility, and other benefits included.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Payroll and Benefits Administrator” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UOVO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The UOVO Name
“UOVO” (pronounced “woh-vo”) means “egg” in Italian and reflects our core mission to safeguard and protect fragile objects. Our name is as unique and different in our industry as our facilities and quality of service. To learn more about UOVO, please visit our website at: www.UOVO.artApply Now