Technical Services Supervisor, Long Island City
UOVO, the premier storage and services provider for art, fashion, and cultural artifacts, seeks a full-time Technical Services Supervisor to manage the NYC metro-based Transportation Department. The ideal candidate will have strong people management, communication, logistics and transportation management skills. Should have prior experience working in New York City art services and transportation industries; in addition the ideal candidate will be comfortable creating and overseeing efficient operations for UOVO’s trucking fleet and staff. The Technical Services Supervisor will report to UOVO’s VP of Operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all New York Transportation Department personnel, including Crew Chiefs and Art Handlers/Drivers, enforcing best practices, superior technical skills, and client satisfaction
- Evaluate upcoming transportation projects daily, ensuring that the scheduled team members are prepared accordingly from a technical perspective
- Work closely with the Business Development team, specifically the Senior Estimator, in scoping and estimating large, technically complicated projects, making sure that the respective crew chief for the project is informed of all project-specific updates
- Identify projects which require a preliminary site visit to be performed
- In conjunction with other key personnel, ensure the highest level of efficiency for the transportation schedule in New York working to maximize the number of clients serviced
- Perform and document site visits, updating the Account Manager team and the respective Crew Chief with any scope changes
- In cooperation with the Transportation Coordinator, directly source materials for Transport/Offsite work which are not in stock in-house, coding those charges in our database accordingly
- Proactively mentor and manage transport team personnel for development and growth, streamlined communication, and team development
- Communicate effectively to the driving team via text, phone calls and emails regarding the overview and scope of service requests
- Establish and track efficiency metrics for UOVO’s Transport Department, highlighting labor hours, billable hours of department, and expenses
- Enforce and train metrics department-wide to establish maximum efficiency within UOVO’s trucking fleet
- Oversee Fleet Management Program, including maintenance program, DOT regulations and compliance, ELD logs, equipment and vendor support in conjunction with the Transportation Manager
- In conjunction with other key stakeholders, establish goals and objectives in line with UOVO’s Performance Management program, providing quarterly feedback and completing annual performance reviews for all direct reports and their teams.
- Assist in establishing goals and objectives in line with UOVO’s performance Management program, providing quarterly feedback and completing annual performance reviews for all direct reports and their teams
- Recruit for open positions, ensuring a fair, transparent, and inclusive process
- Other projects as assigned by the Manager
- Adhere to all company policies and ethical standards
Qualifications & Skills:
- Team Player who can work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable in a results-driven workplace
- 5+ years of logistical and art handling experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills
- Ability to learn UOVO’s software systems
- Ability to quickly prioritize and allocate resources
- Ability to push and pull 150 pounds on a dolly or cart, as well as 50 pounds without mechanical aid
- Ability to carry 40 pounds of varying size and shape up to a distance of 90 feet
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, and reach overhead
- Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and snow
Compensation & Benefits
Wages commensurate with experience. UOVO provides excellent health benefits, 401K matching contribution, generous paid time off, other benefits, and promotes a healthy work/life balance.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Technical Services Supervisor, Long Island City” in the subject line.
UOVO is the nation’s leading storage and logistics provider for art, archives, and collectibles with state-of-the-art facilities in New York, Delaware, Florida, California, Colorado, and Texas. UOVO is operated by an expert team of industry professionals and offers bespoke solutions to meet the specialized needs of any collection. UOVO’s services include climate-controlled storage, private viewing galleries, local transportation, international shipping, installation, packing, archival photography, digital inventory management, and more.
UOVO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all UOVO facilities follow strict protocols to ensure the health and safety of our community.Apply Now