Warehouse Supervisor, Newark, Delaware
UOVO, the premier storage and services provider for art, fashion, and cultural artifacts, seeks a full-time Art to join its dynamic and growing team.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, outstanding communication skills and excellent technical knowledge. They will have experience working in the field services and storage/collection management industry. The Warehouse Supervisor will be comfortable communicating across areas of the business and with clients and will report directly to the Director of Operations. Some weekend and evening work may apply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of highly skilled art handlers in daily activities and art handling procedures.
- This includes but is not limited to ensuring that all assignments are completed in a timely fashion, approving paid time off, completing annual performance reviews, giving corrective feedback and developing staff training curriculum
- Ensure all reporting staff maintain the highest levels of communication and professionalism, both internally and externally
- Work in conjunction with the Facilities team to ensure building requirements for security, environmental stability and other standard facility repair/maintenance issues are planned and enforced
- Plan and oversee onsite installations and de-installations, maintain strict inventory control and provide client assistance when needed
- Scope and manage complex logistical operations while maintaining industry leading standards of quality
- Allocate art handling staff to assist on all internal labor needs, including onsite client requests, ensuring safety of property and positive client experience
- Ensure standardized best practices for packing and work in conjunction with other Operations team members to ensure all UOVO handlers are well-trained and mentored in methods and materials
- Liaise between the Accounts Management team and Operations team, providing timely feedback when required
- Assist and collaborate with other technical managers and projects as necessary
- Other tasks as assigned by Director of Operations
Qualifications & Skills:
- Team Player who can work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable in a results-driven workplace
- 5-7 years of logistical and art handling experience
- 3-4 years of direct people management experience
- Experience interacting with art professionals
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Extensive knowledge of art handling best practices, including packing, framing, wrapping, installations, and crating
- Experience with a variety of fine art mediums and packing materials
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills
- Ability to learn UOVO’s software systems
- Ability to quickly prioritize and allocate resources
- Ability to push and pull 150 pounds on a dolly or cart, as well as 50 pounds without mechanical aid
- Ability to carry 40 pounds of varying size and shape up to a distance of 90 feet
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, and reach overhead
- Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and snow
- Ability to safely operate a forklift
- Familiarity with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, pry lever bars, dollies and other warehouse equipment
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. UOVO provides excellent health benefits, 401K matching contribution, generous paid time off, other benefits, and promotes a healthy work/life balance.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Warehouse Supervisor – Newark, Delaware” in the subject line.
UOVO is the premier provider of storage and services for art, fashion, and cultural artifacts. With more than 750,000 square feet of dedicated storage space across 7 locations in New York, Delaware, and Florida, UOVO offers bespoke options to meet the specialized needs of any collection. Our full range of services include climate-controlled storage, private viewing galleries, transportation, installation, packing, in-house photography, and digital inventory management. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care.
Learn more: www.uovo.art
UOVO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment for our employees and the communities in which we operate. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all UOVO facilities follow strict protocols to ensure the health and safety of our community.Apply Now