Warehouse Supervisor – Rockland County
UOVO, New York’s premier provider of art, fashion, and collections storage and services, provides an array of innovative solutions tailored to meet the specialized needs of any collection including climate-controlled storage, private viewing rooms, packing, installation, and logistics services. Each UOVO facility is purpose-designed and managed by a team of industry-leading experts dedicated to ensuring that works are safeguarded with the highest caliber of security, discretion, professionalism, and care.
Warehouse Supervisor – Rockland County, NY
Art Services and storage provider UOVO seeks a full-time Warehouse Supervisor to to support and supervise art handlers in day-to-day activities within our Rockland County warehouse. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, outstanding communication skills and excellent technical knowledge. They will have experience working in the field services and storage/collection management industry. The Warehouse Supervisor will be comfortable communicating across areas of the business and with clients and will report directly to the Director of Operations. Some weekend and evening work may apply.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of highly skilled art handlers in daily activities and art handling procedures. This includes but is not limited to ensuring that all assignments are completed in a timely fashion, approving paid time off, completing annual performance reviews, giving corrective feedback and developing staff training curriculum
- Ensure all reporting staff maintain the highest levels of communication and professionalism, both internally and externally
- Plan and oversee onsite installations and de-installations, maintain strict inventory control and provide client assistance when needed
- Allocate art handling staff to assist on all internal labor needs, including onsite client requests, ensuring safety of property and positive client experience
- Ensure standardized best practices for packing and work in conjunction with other Operations team members to ensure all UOVO handlers are well-trained and mentored in methods and materials
- Focus on providing exceptional client service and satisfaction
- Liaise between the Accounts Management team and Operations team, providing timely feedback when required
- Assist and collaborate with other technical managers and projects as necessary
- Other tasks as assigned by Operations Manager
- Team Player who can work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable in a results-driven workplace
- 5-7 years of logistical and art handling experience
- 3-4 years of people management experience
- Experience interacting with art professionals
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Extensive knowledge of art handling best practices, including packing, framing, wrapping, installations, and crating
- Experience with a variety of fine art mediums and packing materials
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills
- Ability to learn UOVO’s software systems
- Ability to quickly prioritize and allocate resources
- Ability to push and pull 150 pounds on a dolly or cart, as well as 50 pounds without mechanical aid
- Ability to carry 40 pounds of varying size and shape up to a distance of 90 feet
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, and reach overhead
- Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and snow
- Ability to safely operate a forklift
- Familiarity with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, pry lever bars, dollies and other warehouse equipment
Wages commensurate with experience, plus health benefits, 401(k) matching contribution, company profit share eligibility, and other benefits included.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Warehouse Supervisor – Rockland County” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UOVO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The UOVO Name
“UOVO” (pronounced “woh-vo”) means “egg” in Italian and reflects our core mission to safeguard and protect fragile objects. Our name is as unique and different in our industry as our facilities and quality of service. To learn more about UOVO, please visApply Now